Have you always wanted to cook a traditional moqueca, with the taste and smell of Bahia, but never knew where to begin?
We’ll teach you in the video* above how to make a basic moqueca (serves 4), quick and delicious, Carioca style. As for side dishes, we suggest the classic rice and farofa.
Does it sound mouth watering? That was the goal.
- 4 pieces of fish fillet (we suggest sole)
- 500 grams of shrimp (already clean)
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- A handful of coriander
- 1 glass / carton of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of azeite de dendê
- A lot of olive oil
>How to prepare it:
- Clean the fish and shrimp, and season with a little bit of salt
- Chop the onion, tomato and red bell pepper
- Chop the garlic
- Place the olive oil in the pot
- Place, in layers, onion, tomatoes, peppers, garlic and coriander
- Place the fish and a second layer of vegetables and spices
- Then place the shrimp, followed by a layer of vegetables and spices
- Finish with coconut milk and two tablespoons of azeite de dendê
- Drizzle everything with olive oil
- Turn up the flame (high), turn it to medium fire when it starts to boil
- Cook for about 15 minutes.
Make a caipirinha while you wait.
* French subtitles.